...and one last present to finish

So close, but so far. I only have my wife's present left to do, and everything is packaged up for gifting. I'm not sure if I will be able to do the pattern that I want for my wife's scarf. The pattern I'm using is called a berry stitch. I have pulled it out once because i had messed up on a stitch some place. I need to be a lot more carfeful in how I do the (K1, k1tbl, K1) into the same stitch and the P3tog, or else I'll have to find a new pattern. Luckily this time I was only on the 6th row. The reason that i couldn't fix it is because I couldn't tell where the mistake was (the yarn is a little fuzzy), and with all the increases and decreases, it is hard to tell exactly where the issue was. I have learned something from this pattern. I have learned that i should knit a bit looser, as putting 3 stiches in to one is a bit difficult at times. I have also learned that I have been knitting through the back loop this whole time.
Unfortunately I forgot to take pics of all of the completed projects before I wrapped them, so I'll have to take pics as they are opened. I won't be able to see my sister's scarf, as i won't be there when she opens it and i don't feel like it would be proper for me to ask her for a pic of it after she opens it. So, if you want to see the presents I knitted, then you'll have to wait until after the holidays.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

microblogging and commission knitting

and there is a new project in progress