knitting, spinning, work and fish

My knitting has been progressing.  I have finished the red band that was in my last post, as well as the white band and I'm starting on a black band.  As I get further along  will take another picture.  I am about halfway through the broken rib scarf.  I have started another scarf, a 3x3 rib, that will be a Christmas present for a another extended family member.

I was putting away some of my Christmas presents and found a book on spinning yarn that my wife gave me.  This got me to want to try my hand at spinning again.  I have taken a few classes in the past, so I grabbed one of my spindals and some roving that I bought many years back.  I'm still having some issues with a consistant thickness, but it should be some interesting yarn when I'm done.  I have no idea what I'm going to do with the yarn, but practice isn't a bad thing.

I got my first freelance project done.  I was having trouble maing sure that I was working on the project effectively, so I started moving the office from the spare bedroom upstairs to the living room downstairs.  One of my first projects in this move was to shift the aquarium.  This is a 55 gallon tank that my wife bought for me many years ago.  I had it running for a while, and i ended up letting the fish die.  It was in a room that we hardly used, and as you can see it started to get some nasty hard warter stains.  I'm going to need a bit of time to get the aquarium cleaned before I can refill it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

microblogging and commission knitting

It is February again

Time and Changes