quick catch-up

Wow.  I didn't realize that it has been so long since I posted.  I have been super busy, so I'm just doing a quick list of statuses on projects and life

Kitchen Set - I still need to try felting the two pieces.  I have a pair of jeans that I want to throw in with them, but I just haven't taken the time to do this.

Pink Ribbon Illusion scarf - I have gotten past the first ribbon pattern and I'm working on the stockenette (sp?) between the two ribbons.

Mittens for BiL - I have gotten past the cuff on the first one, and I'm working on the thumb gusset increases.  This is my first colorwork project and it is proving interesting.

Tea Cozy for MiL - I have cast on, and that is it.  THis required a tubular cast-on, which was interesting to work.

My class finally finished on 9/28.  Wow did the class drag on, and on.  Now that it is finished I'm thinking of getting my Microsoft Certified Professional certification.  It won't make much of a difference for my current job, but it isn't a bad thing to have.

I'm teaching a kumihimo class at an SCA event this weekend.  I'm not sure how well it will go as we are having a gas shortage in the area, and it may be keeping people away from the travel.

I have picked up some volunteer work.  I'm currently the webmaster for the Atlanta Toys for Tots.  This oppertunity sort of fell in to my lap.  It has filled in most of the free time that I had, but it is a worthy cause, and it helps keep me in practice with technologies that I don't use at work.

My knitting time has greatly been diminshed, but I'm hoping that it will ease up in a few weeks and allow me to make some progress on my knitting projects..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

microblogging and commission knitting

SCA and Christmas presents

and there is a new project in progress