Fund raising and vacation prep

Well the fund raising yard sale is over. While we did OK ($900), it is lower than our average. I think we would have done better, if it wasn't a holiday weekend here in the US, and the fact that it drizzled off and on most of the morning. We packed everything back up at the end of the day, and we'll have another yard sale in September or October.

Now that the yard sale is over, it is time to start preparing for our vacation. We are going camping for 2 weeks with the SCA. This is one of the few events that I truely look forward to every year. It is two weeks of camping and relaxing and classes and friends. I guess I really need to start looking at the class list and figuring out what classes I want to take.

Well I just signed up for a swap on one of my Yahoo groups. It is a mini bag/purse swap. I'm going to make 3 of them and I already have ideas of how I want to make the bags. Now I just need to get started on them so I can get them sent off by 8/22. Since they can't be any bigger than 7 inches in all directions, I don't expect them to take long. I also have a sweater jacket that I need to finish for my wife and then I have a small fun project. It is a boa that is shaped like a snake. I'll need to get some pictures of the projects, as well as a way to track track the progress of them here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

microblogging and commission knitting

SCA and Christmas presents

and there is a new project in progress