the next projects are...

It has been a while since I have posted. I would like to say that it is completely because I'm too busy, but I have been rather lazy about posting. I did receive the book of 25 sock designs by Interweave press. Several of them look wonderful, but I have yet to even cast on a sock yet.

I have one of my wife's glove-mitts done, and it is looking pretty nice. She had picked a wedgewood colored yarn with dark blue, white and red flecks. It knits up quite nicely.

I'm also working on a scarf for me. It is a sampler scarf with four patters (basket weave, sugar cubes, seed and divided square). It is in a gray, slightly, shiny yarn. It is coming a long nicely, as I'm in to my second of four sets of the pattern. The directions call for three pattern sets, but I think I will want it longer than that.

After I'm finished these items, I'm going to start on my wife's sweater jacket. I have started this twice already, but I think the pattern is bit beyond me at this point in time. I have found another pattern in a magazine that looks nice and it should be within my skill level.

I will also start a couple coifs for us. I saw the pattern in a magazine, but I want to modify the pattern a bit. The pattern has an open face, but we want to have a closed face, so I'm going to knit a flap that can be pulled across the front and then buttoned to the side, around the ear area. I still haven't figured out how I'm going to do that, but I'll look at it when I cast on the project.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

microblogging and commission knitting

SCA and Christmas presents

and there is a new project in progress