a year passes

Well it has ben an interesting year.  There has been good moment and bad monents.  Overall I have to say that it was a good year.  I got several projects done, and learned new things.  I maybe out of work, but I had been wanting to leave that job anyway.

I have been wanting to post thing for a while as I have finished the folowing items before christmas.  The last present I had to knit was a hot water bottle cozy for my wife.  It was done with a hand dyed worsted weight wool.  This project knitted up nicely, but the neck of it seems a bit long and a bit tight.  This is good to know, as I will be making another one for my great aunt in-law for Christmas 2009.
Hammie looks so cute looking over the chair.

The other project I knitted was a Checken Viking hat.  I have to say this is my least favorite item that I have knitted.  The overall size of it is good, but the earflaps are a little forward for me, as the back of them come to about the back of my ears.  The legs on the side are rather small for the size of the hat, so next time I want to make them bigger.

I'm currently working on a commission piece of a baby hat and blanket in University of Georgia Bulldogs colors (red, black and white).  I have also put together a list of items that need to knit for Christmas 2009.  I have already started on the first present for next year, a scarf .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

microblogging and commission knitting

SCA and Christmas presents

and there is a new project in progress