A slacker I am

Well it has been a year since i have posted. I would say that time flys, but I know that I could have made the time to be better about posting.

As a quick catch-up, last spring I did some knitting, and freelance work. In June I got a contract job, which I’m still working. Starting in October I knitted my fingers off trying to get all of my holiday knitting done, and I was actually mostly successful.

And now for more details.

While I did enjoy some of the freelance work, there were many parts of it that were frustrating. I think one of my biggest problems was that I accepted too many projects, so I had to work longer hours than I wanted to make progress on the projects. Also I found out that communicating with international clients proved to be more challenging than I was initially expecting.

The contract position that I got is working for A.D.A.M. I was initially brought in to finish out another person’s contract, which was supposed to expire at the end of June. The contracts are 3 months long, and as of right now I will be here through the end of March.

Since this is supposed to be mostly a knitting blog, now it is time to talk about fiber. This year for presents I knitted a hot water bottle cozy, 2 scarves, 3 pairs of glove-mitts and two gift card holders. I’m sure I’m missing one or two items. I had to re-knit one present as one of the pairs of glove-mitts was too small for my father-in-law. This year I’m hoping not to have the same knitting time crunch. I have already started the knitting for this year’s presents. I would love to be able to do one present a month, but I’m already a month behind for that goal due to the re-knit.

In November we lost our oldest kitty. She was 17 years old, and the only one of our cats that my wife had before she met me. Early this year we started to notice some strays in the neighborhood. One of them looked a lot like the one we lost, so we started to feed them. As we got more and more to show up, a total of about 6, we decided we should be responsible and get them fixed. My wife found a place that will spay/neuter and administer a rabies vaccine to feral cats for $20. So far we have taken 5 in to get fixed. One of them obviously was a pet at one time and he is currently residing with us. He is still on probation, but depending on how he gets along with the other cats at the end of the month, he will most likely stay.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

microblogging and commission knitting

SCA and Christmas presents

and there is a new project in progress