Time and Changes


It was about a week ago that I decided to look back and I realized that my last posting was in February 2012.

Fiber



I have knitted and crocheted many things in these missing years. Some of these were for myself, but most are for other people. I started working on a “marathon of fiber” project where I tried to knit or crochet 26.2 miles of yarn. This was good and bad for me. I had completed 44 items, the vast majority being hats and had used about 5.36 miles of yarn. The shear amount of time that I had spent on these projects burned me out. I have done little fiber work since December of 2014.

Writing



One of my avocations has been writing. I started a high fantasy novel years ago and I have been working on it more off than on since then. I have officially participated in one NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). That novel/novella of a little over 55,000 words is in its editing stage and may stay there for eternity.

This last fall I entered a competition for a short story with a theme of “Monster”. While I didn’t win, or even place in the finals/special mentions, it allowed me to see the benefit of having an accountability system.

Because of this I decided to use this year’s NaNoWriMo unofficially to get back in to my high fantasy novel. I started out a bit slow on my writing and was exclusively writing on that novel. I got to a point where I felt that I need to stop working by the seat of my pants on that novel and plot out what was going to happen. Because of this I have shifted over to another story, which I did finish the rough draft on 11/30.

I didn’t make the 50,000 word goal for NaNoWriMo, but I did write something 26 of the 30 days. Only two of the days that I wrote did I write less than 300 words. I managed to break 27,000 and I averaged 904 words per day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

microblogging and commission knitting

and there is a new project in progress