I have finally finished my wife's scarf. I would have wanted it longer, but my wife seems quite happy with it, and it is long enough for the way that she will be wearing it.

Now that the last of my Christmas presents are done, I have started on a sampler scarf for me, and I will be making a pair my wife a pair of fingerless gloves, that have a mitten "flap" to cover the fingers when they get cold.

I got a couple books over the holiday season. I had bought "Knit Mittens" by Robin Hansen before I knit the mittens for my father in law, but I haven't had a chance to do any of the projects.

I had gotten some christmas money, and with it I bought "Knitting Circles around Socks" by Antje Gillingham. This describes how to knit a pair socks on a pair of circular needles.

I'm still waiting for "Favorite Socks: 25 Timeless Designs from Tinterweave" by Ann Budd and Anne Merrow. I'm hoping that it will arrive soon as I would love to try my hand at a pair of socks soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

microblogging and commission knitting

SCA and Christmas presents

and there is a new project in progress