Class and excitement

I'm slowly making progress on my scarf. I have finished the first skein of yarn, and if I'm only doing three repeats of the patterns, then I'm on my last repeat. Once I get through this repeat, then I will test the length, and see if it is going to be long enough.

I had my kumihimo class. It didn't go as well as I was hoping, but it was a learning experience. I have picked up a few things that I will want to do for the next time. The discs I made for the class were a bit rough, and I'm sure I can improve the quality of the discs, with a few simple changes in the process of making the discs, and in the tools that I used. I was using embroidery floss for the strands of fiber, and I had them wound on the paperboard floss bobbins. Even though it will cost more, I really think that if I provided EZ-bobbins instead, then a lot of the issues with tangling fibers will be solved. I also know that if I had given myself more time in prep, and had set up the first braid on the discs, then the "students" would have been able to start braiding faster, and seen more of a result on the first braid. Most of the students never got to the second braid, and this additional preparation would have allowed them to move on to the second braid. I have a couple changes that I need to make to the documentation, but they are small changes, and i'll have them done by the end of the weekend.

I'm really excited that I got an invitation to Ravelry, and I'm known on there as AzureSquirrel. I'm a bit overwhelmed in trying to get all of my needles, and magazines in to their system. I also want to start adding in the items that I want to make in the future.

Now that I have gotten the class done, I can concentrate on the kumihimo braid that I'm working on for the Red Raven medallions. Once that I get that done, then I'll move my main focus to finishing my the scarf, and I'll start on my wife's sweater/coat. From there, I'm not completely sure. I know I should start working on presents for Christmas, but at the same time there are the coifs that I will want before next winter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

microblogging and commission knitting

SCA and Christmas presents

and there is a new project in progress