I'm still here

I can't believe that it has been over a month since I last posted. Unfortunately I can't say I have gotten a lot done in that time. I did finish the glove-mittens for my wife. She has used them during several mornings in February and a couple in early March. My only issue with the pattern is that I think the pinkie is a little tight. I think this can be fixed by adding a stitch, at most two to the pinky, and therefore the whole hand.

I'm still working on my scarf. I would have more of it done, but it is still my away from home project, so I get any where from one to five hours of work on it a week.
I have been using my home time to work on a class I will be teaching for my local SCA group on kumihimo. This has been good, because it has gotten my butt in gear on a project I have been meaning to do for a while. I mention in a posting back on September 23, 2007 that my wife and I had gotten an award called the Red Raven. We received them on elastic cording. I have been wanting to create a more appropriate cording to put them on. Well I figured that the class was a good reason to start on this projects and I started to dive through my many books to find a pattern that I wanted. I haven't gotten enough done for me to make the necklaces yet, but Here you can see the home-made marudai that I'm building it on, as well as a close-up of the braid.

Oh, yea, and Bajing, better known as Hammie is in the background.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

microblogging and commission knitting

SCA and Christmas presents

and there is a new project in progress