catching up

There have been a lot of things going on since my last posting.
I forgot to put in my last post that I have gotten yet another book on knitting. I received "Cables Untangled: An Exploration of Cable Knitting" by Melissa Leapman. I had seen this in the book store before, but had decided not to buy it then. I had really liked the cable sampler afghan/blanket. It is in my Ravlery queue, but I know I have some other knitting to complete before I can start that.

Two weekends ago (April 26) my wife and I had a yard sale to help fund raise for the breast cancer walks that we do. The yard sale was fairly successful. We earned over $900. There was a few issues with the weather. We had a downpour just after lunch, and then a nice rain storm as we had closed up and were packing up. We would have not been able to do as well, if it was for the help from a good friend of ours, and her son.

I'm slowly making progress on my two knitting projects. I have almost finished one of the two fingerless gloves. I chose a faux cable pattern that uses a T2 stitch (k2tg, k through first, move both stitches to right needle). I think it is mainly the yarn, but from what I can tell, the T2 stitch isn't as pronounced as I was hoping. The sweater coat that I'm working on for my wife is coming along nicely. I had to rip out my first three rows, as single strand of yarn, it was too light, so I'm using two strands of yarn, and it is knitting up much nicer.

I was contacted late last week about teaching another class. This class will be for sprang this is a weftless fabric making technique that is dated back many years. Like with the last class I will be using the proceeds from the supply costs as fund raising for the breast cancer walks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

microblogging and commission knitting

SCA and Christmas presents

and there is a new project in progress