woohoo. my first project for me is done

The fiber fun continues. I have finished the fingerless mittens. I think they would have looked nicer in a yarn with more of a sheen, as I feel this would show off the twists for the faux cables.

The sweater jacket for my wife is coming along. I have about nine inches of the body knitted. I hope that I have enough yarn. This is a new pattern, and I initally had to restart as using one strand was too light and wouldn't weigh enough, so now I'm using two strands. The yarn in the pictures is actually lighter than the actual color. The yarn is actually a dark teal.

My next project is a pair of mittens for my great aunt-in-law. They are cabled, and the first of the many Christmas presents for this year. I'm hoping to not be knitting every spare minute in November and December this year, so I'm starting early in my holiday knitting.

Since my last posting, my wife and I participated in a community yard sale. It was nice and relaxing. We sold a whopping $3.00 of stuff, but several of the people donated their unsold items to us, so we came back with more items than we took.

Memorial day weekend was my 11th anniversary. We went to Baltimore, Maryland for Balticon, a sci-fi and fantasy convention. This is significant in that we first met at Balticon. We both enjoyed ourselves. We were able participate in several interesting, and some not so interesting, panels. I was able to listen to Mur Lafferty read a new piece of fiction that she is working on, and we spent many hours listening to filk.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

microblogging and commission knitting

SCA and Christmas presents

and there is a new project in progress