need more progress

There isn't too much to report on my knitting. I'm still working on all three of the projects from the last posting. I would be done the first of the mittens, but one day when I was working on them while my wife was having some oral surgery, I wasn't sure if I had the cabling in the body, so I ripped it out to the ribbing, and had to rework the body. I'm working on the last 4 rows of the body, and then I'll be decreasing for the top. I would love to work on them over the upcoming long weekend, but the recipient will be around. I'm thinking about starting the kitchen set for my sister, but I need yarn. If I can't find anything that I like, then I'm just going to work on my wife's sweater jacket.

We had another yard sale last weekend (6/28/08). This was a rather poor yard sale, as we made less than $500 for the cause. The weather wasn't too hot, and we didn't have any rain to speak of. The only reasons that I can come up for how poor we did are:
1) the economy, an easy scapegoat
2) we lost a couple signs pointing to the yard sale and some that ended up pointing the wrong direction
3) if there were people taking the week of the fourth of July off, they may have left the weekend before.
We'll be having another one in the fall, but we haven't set a date for it yet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

microblogging and commission knitting

SCA and Christmas presents

and there is a new project in progress